This program is a tool to check about DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), and it has the following features.
- Check Decoder Device and Processor Device supported by GPU
- Check DXVA decode performance and video processing performance
- Check DXVA API call in other applications by trace log
- Check DXVA mode supported by DirectShow decoder and Media Foundation decoder
- Change DXVA setting in some DirectShow decoders and Media Foundation decoders
Freeware (Donations Welcome)
How to use
By downloading, installing and/or using this software, You will be deemed to have accepted this License Agreement
The files are checked in advance to make sure they are safe. If your security software detects it incorrectly, please add the file as an exception.
Run the setup and follow the instructions of the installer. When updating, please execute setup without uninstalling.
When you download the ZIP file, please extract the ZIP file to an appropriate location.
For setup, please use the uninstall function of Windows or run "unins000.exe" in the installation folder.
For zip, please click "Delete Config File" and delete all files.
- Decoder Device
The information of the decoder device is displayed.
- Processor Device
The Information of the processor device by DXVA1, DXVA2, DXVA-HD and Direct3D11 is displayed.
- About Resolution of Decoder Device
This result does not guarantee whether the decoder device works normally (in especially 4K/8K resolution).
Because IDirectXVideoDecoderService::CreateVideoDecoder might return S_OK even if resolution exceed the capability of hardware.
How it behaves depends on display driver.
- DirectShow / Media Foundation Decoder
By specifying the media file or format,
you can check whether the DirectShow decoder and Media Foundation decoder registered in the system support DXVA,
and the DXVA mode that is supported.
You can also use the listed decoders to play the video and measure the decoder's CPU or DXVA decoding performance.
You can also change the DXVA settings for the following decoders.
- CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder
- CyberLink VC-1 Decoder
- CyberLink Video/SP Decoder
- CyberLink Video Deocder
- InterVideo Video Decoder
- Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder
- Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder / Microsoft H264 Video Decoder MFT / Microsoft MPEG Video Decoder MFT
- Microsoft H265 Video Decoder MFT
- Microsoft WebM MF VP8 Decoder Transform
- Nero DVD Decoder / Nero Video Decoder
- WMVideo Decoder DMO
- WMVideo Decoder MFT / AMD Playback Decoder MFT
- Trace Log
You can check DXVA API calls in running applications.
- GPU Engine Usage (Windows10 only)
You can check the usage of the GPU engine for each process.
Only the actual usage of the engine is displayed as "Current [Minimum-Maximum]".
Version 4.3.2 (08/02/2020)
Version 4.3.1 (07/19/2020)
Version 4.3.0 (05/17/2020)
- Added the following alternative names of Decoder Device
- Minor fix
Version 4.2.2 (05/10/2020)
Version 4.2.1 (04/20/2019)
- Fixed process crash issue when checking Media Foundatio decoder on GPU which does not support D3D11 video acceleration
- Fixed issue when submitting Device Information since April 18
- Fixed "Show in Groups" setting issue on DSF/MFT Viewer
- Minor fix
- Discontinued support for AMD VP9 hybird decoder
- Fixed driver setting issue on specific intel iGPU
- Updated DSF/MFT Viewer
- Minor Changes, fixes and improvements
- Fixed app crash issue on Radeon GPU under specific conditions
- Fixed app error issue when using D3D11 video acceleration during video playback and benchmark under specific conditions
- Minor changes and fixes
- Fixed wrong buffer size in presenter
- Minor changes
- Now show "VP9_Profile0_NoDXVA_AMD" on Decoder Device when your AMD Radeon GPU supports VP9 hybrid decode acceleration
- Fixed error when checking device under specific conditions
- Fixed error when checking DirectShow/MediaFoundation decoder on Windows Vista
- Changed GPU selector to GPU menu
- Added "Submit Device Information to Database" menu item to GPU menu
- Minor changes and fixes
DXVA Checker is free software. However, I'd gladly accept your donation. You can donate via PayPal (Credit Card).